Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ~ J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #3)


★★★★☆

Buddy read with my favorite Novelty, Nana.

The movie version of this was probably the one I ignored the most, probably because nothing can beat Hot Tom Riddle and the Giant Snek. Because of this, I was much more unaware of big plot twists, so that made this book a slightly more enjoyable read in some aspects. However, I thought that I'd get some more explanation as to HP reader's adoration of Sirius, and honestly, he's exactly like he is in the movie, and I still don't care all that much about him. I loved Lupin though! Definitely my favorite new addition!

I found that the plot itself was a lot more...idk, boring? (Please don't kill me, hardcore HP fans!) Nothing really happened until the 70% mark, and then an entire 50% worth of plot happened in quick succession. I found that the movie had better pacing in my opinion in that regard.

Overall, I liked it, but it's definitely my least favorite entry in the series so far.


Buy the book here:

Comments