The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ~ C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia) (Publication Order #1) (Chronological Order #2)


★★★★★

I really liked this.

The Writing and Worldbuilding

I absolutely loved the writing style! It was very similar to J.M. Barrie, with fun asides and little comments throughout. Though definitely targeted at children, it is readable and enjoyable by all.

I loved the themes, the pacing, the world, and the characters. It was phenomenal.

The Characters

Peter, Susan, and Lucy: They were all so fun and I enjoyed following them and experiencing Narnia through them.

Edmund: Freaking Edmund. He was such a good character. His arc was awesome and quite deep, actually. Definitely my favorite character.

the White Witch: I was surprised at just how scary she actually was. Really, she was legitimately frightening!

Aslan: I was worried that he would be preachy, but honestly he was sincerely powerful and strong and just pretty darn great.

Conclusion

I am so happy that I read this. It was really great. Such a funny, emotional, and powerful story. Freaking fantastic!


Buy the book here:

Comments