Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ~ J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #4)


★★★★★

THIS IS FREAKING GOOD THO

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is without a doubt my favorite installment so far. The juxtaposition of the light, fun parts with the dark, absolutely soul-destroying parts (that made me want to die) was masterfully done, and I was left with dread for the future, but (since I already know how everything ends lol) I am also left with hope.

The characters really grew into much stronger, better people (and just in time too, because STUFF IS GOING DOWN). I loved the tournament and the other schools (though I was disappointed that Neville wasn't the one who gave Harry gillyweed like he does in the movie; that felt like a missed opportunity to actually include his character in anything at all, which he hasn't had the chance to do since the first book).
But yeah, I'm very happy with this book and liked it infinitely better than Prisoner of Azkaban.
"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

Buy the book here:

Comments