The Raven Boys ~ Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #1)


★★★★★

OH MY GOODNESSAKDLGKAJGOAJROTJLGJAFLG

At night, Henrietta felt like magic, and at night, magic felt like it might be a terrible thing.

Every time I read the description of this book, I was even more confused about what it was about. It came across as a ghost version of Twilight (and with Maggie Stiefvater's track record with Shiver, no wonder) but the constant hype surrounding it, even after all these years, finally won me over.

The cover helped too.

I LOVED THIS! The characters are all amazing, and even when a certain character's existence felt unnecessary at first, by the end they were properly justified and I felt an emotional connection to them. I LOVE the boys themselves. They're all such wonderful, well-rounded characters. I really liked Blue as well, and her wacky family stole my heart.

Can we just talk about how Ronan - Ronan of all people; the scary angst king - is the mother of a baby raven? Because MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT!

"You're looking for a god. Didn't you suspect that there was also a devil?"

The themes are amazing. The imagery is perfect. The intrigue and connections and mystery were masterful. This is spooky and heartfelt and real and magical. It's everything I didn't think it would be. I laughed, I cried, I had a good time.

Thank you, Maggie Stiefvater. Thank you GR friends, for keeping this on my newsfeed.

She recognized the strange happiness that came from loving something without knowing why you did, that strange happiness that was sometimes so big that it felt like sadness. It was the way she felt when she looked at the stars.

Buy the book here:

Comments