The Dream Thieves ~ Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #2)


★★★★☆
"Inside yourself, it's only you who can help you."
I really enjoyed this one!

It expanded the world a lot and developed the characters more. I loved the dream-lore! It had an excellent atmosphere that was almost tangible. It really put me on edge though hah. Ronan's journey was awesome and it was really great to get to have so much of his perspective.

I did have an issue though with the pacing. The middle of the book felt like it was dragging just a little bit and the conflicts were fairly predictable. It seemed that the book was trying to handle a few too many things and didn't know where to put it all.

My biggest issue was with the Gray Man's relationship with Maura. It really broke reality because for some reason, no one was realistically bothered by his occupation as a hitman. They all behaved as if he worked for the IRS or something - someone most people don't like but are generally okay - not a murderer who gets paid. The relationship therefore felt forced and uncomfortable. I just couldn't get into it.
"Maybe this is the future. But it's not the end."

Buy the book here:

Comments