The Fates Divide ~ Veronica Roth (Carve the Mark #2)


★★★★★
Space was not a finite container, but that didn't mean it was empty. Asteroids, stars, planets, the current stream; space debris, ships, fragmented moons, undiscovered worlds; this was a place of endless possibility and unfathomable freedom. It was not nothing, it was everything.
I had some mixed feelings about the first book, but I entirely loved this one! It was so good!

The inclusion of Eijeh and Cisi's perspectives really added a lot to the story and the world. We got to see so much more through them than just through Akos and Cyra, and it was greatly appreciated. I got my more planets wish and got some awesome visuals along the way (Ogra is my dream aesthetic)

The themes were great in this, and the pacing was also great. Everything was great.

I was hesitant about the Lazmet death retcon, but it was done really well and added a lot to the story. The plot twists were all super effective and the hard-hitting moments were pretty intense.

Let me just say that I hate Isae Benesit and will never like her. The end.

(note to Veronica Roth: PLEASE do not make this a trilogy! Two is fine! An unresolved political drama is perfectly okay to leave hanging. Don't pull an Allegiant on us again!)


Buy the book here:

Comments