Life and Death ~ Stephenie Meyer (Twilight #1.75)


★★★★☆

I actually sort of liked this almost unironically. It's mostly the exact same plot as the original Twilight (with some major changes as well 👀) but the less dramatic narration made this a lot more legitimately enjoyable.

My personal favorite character was male Bella, here as Beau, who was honestly a total cinnamon roll! His quiet introversion was nice, especially for a boy character, and I appreciated that. There were times when the plot was going just a bit too fast near the end where I either 1) forgot he was a boy and/or 2) his general apathetic demeanor made what should have been more emotionally intense scenes feel awkward and almost as if he's...a bit of a sociopath...

Female Edward, aka Edythe (because it isn't a YA book if there isn't a name with an unnecessary Y), was nice. I liked her. She felt just like a slightly less horrible version of Edward, which she was by all means, a lot of the time.

The other characters were pretty much just as they were before, though I REALLY liked Archie, the male version of Alice. He was honestly pretty great.

Overall, I liked it! It was fun and simple. If you're already a fan of Twilight, I'd say try it out! If you're not, maybe try it out too? 🤷‍♀️ Who knows, maybe you'll like it?
"Go to your hell knowing this—that what you love will become all that you hate."

Buy the book here:

Comments