City of Heavenly Fire ~ Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #6)



★★★★☆

My feelings remain pretty much the same, though slightly more apathetic this time around. I still really liked it though and I'm glad I read this series again, especially after reading The Infernal Devices, which I hadn't read the first go around. Some things made a lot more sense hah

Maybe now that I've finished this reread, I can finally read Lady Midnight lol

(Original review)

This conclusion was everything I had hoped for and more: an epic adventure, exploring new and old terrains, ending old storylines and introducing intriguing new ones, and the journey was just as important as the destination in this final installment.

All hope seems lost for our heroes, when the unthinkable happens--utter betrayal from a trusted ally. Lies from those who cannot lie. What are they to do when all that lays in Sebastian's wake is death and destruction?

The character deaths and death-fakeouts were emotionally charged and effective, but the deus es machina at the very end kind of killed it for me a little bit. Would have liked more death, frankly, and especially of a main character, not a character only introduced several books in.


Buy the book here:

Comments