Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #7)


★★★★★

It's difficult to put into words how much I loved this. I started this series out of a desire to more fully understand and appreciate the complexities of Voldemort and found myself loving Harry and his little band of misfits more than I can ever imagine (for the record, I love Voldemort too #HotTomRiddle).

To be honest, the first few books (excluding my OG number one fav Hot Tom Riddle and the Giant Snek ofc) didn't really draw me in. Prisoner of Azkaban wasn't all that interesting to me. But from the Goblet of Fire on down, every single one of these books has delivered more than I could ever imagine. I wish I'd never seen the movies, not yet at least. I wish I'd experienced this story along with everyone else (my excuse being that for the first few books' releases, I had yet to be born). The wonderfully executed plot twists and character deaths in this final installment would definitely have shocked me more than they did (though for the record, I still sobbed, due to Harry's freaking effective perspective; I have tear stains streaking down my glasses now).

Also, can someone please just give Draco a hug??


Not that kind.

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

I'm dead inside now, thanks J.K. Rowling (PS please stop retroactively trying to change things in the canon. It makes sense as is. PLEASE stop before it's too late.)


Buy the book here:

Comments