The Death Cure ~ James Dashner (The Maze Runner #3)


★★★☆☆

After the train wreck of The Scorch Trials, my expectations were very low, but because the movies were so different for these last two, my curiosity was sufficiently piqued. Suffice it to say, I'm pleasantly surprised for the most part.

The first half was dismal, pretty much just as bad as the second book. At one point, Thomas literally just sits there staring at something bad happening while everyone else is flipping out Brenda is yelling at him to go, and he just stares and sits and gets caught because of it. It was completely ridiculous. But then things got better with Newt's character, who'd always been the best character in the series. He brought more genuine emotion and set the story on a better track, and I found myself actually enjoying the book by the end. And Brenda became a human being! Yay!


Buy the book here:

Comments