Dracula ~ Bram Stoker


★★★★★

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.

Why am I always so surprised that classics are seriously fantastic?

I loved everything about this! Even knowing the general story, having absorbed it via osmosis most of my life and having once watched a terribly adapted play put on by my high school peers, I was still pulled in by the tension, the terror, and the themes. I loved every character and found the plot to be very climactic and engaging.

The writing style was superb! Each narrator had a consistent voice that defined them and made their perspective all the more interesting. My personal favorite was Dr. John Seward. He had a very lyrical way of viewing the world and it made his sections beautiful to read. The opening part with Jonathan Harker's imprisonment in Dracula's Castle was palpably tense and drew me in immediately. All in all, the entire thing was excellent!

For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.

Buy the book here:

Comments