Crimson Bound ~ Rosamund Hodge


★★★★★

Yes, I read this all at once, with very few stops, and no, I'm not ashamed.

Feed the Forest inside you with blood, and it would feed you in return.

I loved EVERYTHING about this book. Literally everything. The love interests, the conflicts, the main character, the character arcs, the setting, the writing, the pacing, the world, the magic—

E V E R Y T H I N G

My favorite character was Rachelle herself, Erec being a close second. They felt so real and intense and everything about them was so well done. I didn't love Armand as much as I was definitely supposed to, but I still really liked him as a character and really appreciated his role in the plot. I hadn't expected Amélie to be as important as she was, as best friend characters usually don't have very big roles, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that she was a real person, not just a pretty painting for Rachelle to compare herself to. It was all very well done.

Rosamund Hodge has an interesting and awesome way of writing her retellings. She isn't satisfied with just one story to retell. No, she has to add as many as possible, and it's like solving a puzzle to find all the little ones. It makes you feel like you know something more, that you've glimpsed into the world a little deeper than everyone else, when you notice them. It's such an amazing experience. I want to write like that.

"The same wolfish greed beats in your heart: to have what you will, and kill for it."

I didn't think I would love this more than Cruel Beauty, but oh well here we are today, with this book shining down straight from heaven to bless my wicked, undeserving heart.

Buy the book here:

Comments