Shadow Kiss ~ Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #3)


★★★★☆

This was actually pretty freaking good! I even considered rating it 5 stars! It basically took almost every criticism I'd been ruminating over for the first 2 books and actually addressed them! Like, the nature of Rose and Lissa's friendship and the power imbalance that exists there, which was the biggest issue I'd had thus far. And the conflicts and plot progression felt both natural and fairly realistic, considering the circumstances. It kinda amazes me how Mead makes what is essentially just mindless interpersonal drama feel kinda interesting, when I usually hate that. It makes the world feel more real and lived in. And I legitimately liked Rose in this, and her ghostly encounters were pretty cool and well done. Over all, definitely the best in the series so far!

(I usually write longer reviews than this but lol I'm not in the mood rn)


Buy the book here:

Comments